Volunteer at a Wildlife Reserve in Botswana
How long can I volunteer on this project?
Volunteer intake is approximately every 6 to 7 weeks and is based on volunteers staying for a minimum of a 5-week period. Volunteers can stay a maximum of two intakes (approximately 10 weeks + a week or two in-between) as this coincides with the maximum amount of days permitted under a Tourist Visa in Botswana per year.
- Accommodation (shared self-catering chalets, with en-suite bathroom). Each chalet is equipped with its own small kitchen (stove, kettle, fridge, cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils) and each is equipped with an electric hot water geyser, fan, and mains electricity. Meals are not included.
- Meet and greet at Sir Seretse Khama in Gaborone on arrival and transportation to the reserve.
- On departure, each volunteer is taken back to the airport in Gaborone.
- Camp welcome pack (including cleaning materials to get you started)
- Transport within the park while carrying out duties.
- Advise, local knowledge, amazing experiences and new friends!
What's not included?
- Return airfares to Gaborone
- Visa charges associated with extending longer than the standard 90 days (if the volunteer stays for longer periods)
- Personal items, sleeping bag, toiletries, torch, cameras etc. (Expect hot sunny summers and cold winters)
- Food, drink and personal items for the duration of the volunteers stay
- Phone calls, transport costs not directly associated with Mokolodi
- Medical insurance (medical aid), including Emergency evacuation cover - Mandatory
- Travel Insurance, personal insurance
The rate for the first 5-week period is GBP 1,750.00
Should the volunteer stay on for another 5 weeks, they receive a discounted rate of GBP 1,550.00