The Southern African Foundation for the Conservation of Coastal Birds (SANCCOB) seeks to employ a Seabird Rehabilitator to join their energetic and dedicated team on a full-time basis at its Table View centre in Cape Town.
Key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Daily care and treatment of different types of seabirds of all ages including after hours on-call duty
- Cleaning of bird enclosures, pools and the maintenance of the facility
- Training and supervision of local and international volunteers
- Mentoring seabird interns
- Presenting talks on seabird rehabilitation topics
The successful candidate will be a team player that is physically fit, hardworking, dedicated, able to manage time efficiently and can work in all weather conditions, able to work shifts and frequently in excess of standard working hours,as well as have a caring, compassionate nature with a love for seabirds.
Qualifications and Experience
- A tertiary qualification in Biological Science, wildlife or conservation preferred
- At least 2 years’ experience working with seabirds is advantageous
- Experience working according to standard operating procedures
- Experience supervising small teams
- A valid Driver’s licence and own car
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office package)
- Only open to South African ID holders
Please forward CV with at least 2 contactable references (max. 3 pages) and a letter of motivation to the Rehabilitation Manager email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, 29 April 2020, 17h00
Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants selected for interviews.