SANCCOB is a leading marine conservation non-profit organisation, and seeks to employ a Receptionist to join the Table View centre in Cape Town on a full-time basis.
- Manage the switchboard and screen and direct calls in a professional manner
- Manage the reception area so that it is welcoming, neat and professional at all times
- Manage secretarial duties including the welcoming of guests, preparing for meetings and taking minutes of meetings, if required
- Maintain and replenish office stock such as stationery and general supplies – such as tea and coffee and bathroom supplies
- Manage call-outs and requests for maintenance of the company printer
- Ensure up to date and professionally drafted admin folder is available at all times
- Ensure up to date and professionally drafted First Responders folder is available at all times
- Ensure staff contact list is kept up to date
- Ensure “how to” manual is kept up to date as well as extension list on switchboard
- Ensure all staff sign policy documents when required and the HR policy file is signed by all staff members
- Assist the Procurement and Inventory Officer with receiving of deliveries, stock takes and inventory variance reports
- Assist the Procurement and Inventory Officer with placing orders, checking pricing, obtaining discounts and obtaining quotations
- Weekly banking and post office trips
- Coordinate volunteer drivers for collections
- Conduct weekly vehicle inspections and ensure all company vehicles are looked after and well maintained
- Ensure Port Elizabeth personnel and penguin colony personnel submit vehicle checks for your review and management as above
- Assist with basic bookkeeping duties, including receiving statements and petty cash
- Assist with shop sales
- Assist with administration, filing and ad-hoc duties
Requirements are as follows:
- Matric qualification and a tertiary qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years working experience.
- Passion for seabirds and/or marine conservation, with a mission-driven work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a small team but also to execute work independently and take the initiative when required.
- Emotional intelligence, including strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong command of English as a working language is essential.
- Valid Code 8 drivers licence.
The Receptionist will report to the Accountant of SANCCOB.
Please send your CV and letter of motivation (max. 3 pages) with contactable referees for attention: the Accountant to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 25 June 2020
Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants chosen for interviews.