IUCN NL (the Dutch national Committee of the International Union for Conservation of Nature), the world’s largest and most diverse environmental network and the Forgotten Parks Foundation (FPF), a UK-registered charity, are looking for a Finance & Admin Technical Advisor (consultant) to work from the Lusinga (the headquarters of the Upemba-Kundelungu National Parks in the Province of Haut Katanga) office in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
IUCN NL and the FPF are developing a partnership with the EU for the management of two projects for a three-year period.
FPF founded in 2016, is a dynamic and fast growing environmental conservation organization that has a Public and Private Partnership with the DRC Wildlife Authority (ICCN) to rehabilitate, manage and develop the Upemba-Kudelungu National Parks Complex (CUK).
Seeking the protection of this incredible habitat and the last remaining elephants of Katanga and endemic zebras, as well as other critically endangered species in DRC’s second oldest national park and possible new UNESCO World Heritage Site. FPF receives funding from the German Cooperation (KfW) and is looking to build its team in preparation for receiving European Union as well as support from the private sector and other donors.
You can face a variety of challenges? And you wish to contribute to the protection of this incredible habitat? Send us your application now!
The Finance & Admin TA will be a well organized and hard-working team player, able to work flexibly in a multicultural environment within tight deadlines, under extremely demanding field conditions.
The Finance & Admin TA will be responsible for establishing and putting in place systems for maintaining financial, accounting, administrative and personnel procedures and reporting in order to meet internal and external legal and regulatory requirements. As well as for coaching and building the capacity of a local financial team to take over this responsibility.
1. Assess current admin/financial capacity and advise on requirements to bring on additional capacity at appropriate levels.
2. Train and monitor a team of Congolese financial and administrative staff, strengthening their operational capabilities.
3. Support the development and implementation of a business related activities (eg. Fisheries, agriculture) for CUK.
4. With the FPF/CUK management team, define and trak annual and monthly budgets for the CUK.
5. Ensure that recognized standards in financial management and control are established and maintained for FPF and CUK under its management.
6. Assess existing financial and administration management challenges, develop improved systems for efficient and effective service delivery, and follow, and implement audit recommendations.
7. Provide budgeting support for proposal development and fundraising activities.
8. Administer and monitor the organization’s finances in order to ensure that finances are recorded and reported in an accurate and timely manner.
9. In coordination with the COO, manage EU project finances and prepare EU financial reports for IUCN NL.
10. Administer employee files and records in order to ensure accurate payment of benefits and allowances.
11. Ensure compliance with national and donor regulations and other legal requirements.
• Fluency in French and English.
• Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Commerce of Business Administration (Accounting) from a recognized university and certified accountant status.
• Available no later than September 2019.
• Over 5 years expert knowledge in managing finances in a medium or large organization; ideally with kfW, EU and USAID funded projects.
• Management level experience in finance.
• Private Sector engagement experience.
• Proven experience at both managing and working in a multicultural team; good listener.
• Mentoring and training capacities.
• Excellent attention to detail, good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good analytical and reporting skills.
• Ability to function with strategic rather than day-to-day supervision.
• Highly motivated and able to demonstrate initiative.
• Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Excel and online applications.
• Knowledge of and experience in using accountancy and bookkeeping software
• Willingness and ability to live and work in demanding field conditions in DR Congo for extensive periods of time
Terms of consultancy contract
• Competitive international salary and IUCN NL consultancy contract
• 8 months to 1 year (4 months in year 2 and 3) initial contract with a two-month trial period.
• 1 International travel a year
• Basic accommodation provided
• Based at CUK headquarters in Katanga region, Democratic Republic of Congo
For more information about the position, please contact Tina Lain, senior expert environmental justice IUCN NL, by sending an email to email@example.com.
Job applications (cover letter and CV) can be sent no later than 19 August 2019 to Monique de Jong, HRM
No agencies, please.