SANCCOB, a leading marine conservation non-profit organization, seeks to employ an Education Supervisor to join their dynamic team in the Eastern Cape. The Education Supervisor will be responsible for the management of SANCCOB’s Education Department and will report to the PE Centre Manager of SANCCOB. Applications from South African residents are invited.
- Offer quality educational programmes for both children and adults.
- Develop and conduct interactive public tours of the SANCCOB facility.
- Train the education team and volunteers to assist with tours.
- Develop new programmes, learning material and activities that are in line with SANCCOB’s mission, including holiday clubs.
- Grow educational income by identifying new funding opportunities and assisting the Relationship Manager and Centre Manager to write applications for funding.
- Network with personnel in the field of environmental education at other environmental education institutions.
- Provide leadership to the education team, guiding them towards methods of best teaching practice and professional conduct.
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the SANCCOB volunteer and internship programme including the following:
- Ensure sufficient volunteers are available and utilised effectively to support SANCCOB’s capacity requirements.
- Ensure volunteers are managed effectively and enjoy their volunteering time at SANCCOB.
- Coordinate orientation sessions, networking and training sessions to provide volunteers and interns with knowledge and skills to contribute in a meaningful way during their time at SANCCOB.
- Ensure the development and growth of the volunteer programme.
- Assist with the preparation of the education department’s annual budget and manage it effectively.
- Manage inventories of all the education department equipment and ensure that systems are in place to take care of all the equipment.
- Produce monthly reports and statistics.
- Coordinate all logistical arrangements for educational programmes.
- Prepare programme budgets, demographic information and assist with donor report-backs.
- Assist at front desk when necessary, including managing point of sale system.
- Work with SANCCOB staff and external partners and coordinate the annual Penguin Festival event.
- Strong people management and development skills with the ability to motivate and lead employees.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (ability to do so in more than one language would be advantageous).
- Strong programme development skills.
- Planning and organisational capabilities and the ability to work against strict deadlines.
- Passion for wildlife conservation and preservation.
- Relevant tertiary qualification preferable.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Able to work on weekends.
- Minimum 5 years’ working experience.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Valid Code 8 driver’s license and own transport.
Please send your CV (max. 3 pages) with contactable referees and a letter of motivation for attention of Margot Collett, the PE Centre Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 13 November 2020.
Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants chosen for interviews.