Applications from South African residents are invited for the position of Education Manager, to join our dynamic team in the Western Cape. Reporting to the Executive Director, the successful applicant will be responsible for the management of SANCCOB’s Education Programmes for adults and children.
- Offer quality educational programmes for both children and adults.
- Utilise current and develop new courses, learning material and activities. These should be aligned with the curriculum where possible.
- Develop and conduct interactive public tours of the SANCCOB facility. Train education staff, interns and volunteers to assist with tours.
- Provide leadership to the education team, guiding them towards methods of best teaching
practice and professional conduct.
- Network with personnel in the field of environmental education at other environmental education institutions.
- Prepare the Education Department’s annual budget and manage it effectively.
- Manage inventories of all the education department equipment and ensure that systems are in place to take care of all the equipment.
- Produce monthly reports and statistics.
- Coordinate all logistical arrangements for the programmes according to programme specifications (bus, lunch, etc.).
- Assist the Fundraising and Marketing Department in raising funds for educational programmes and account for these funds according to SANCCOB’s standard operating procedures.
- Work with SANCCOB’s marketing team in developing interpretive signage for the centre.
- Work with SANCCOB staff and SANParks in the planning and co-ordination of the annual Penguin Festival and programmes.
- Assist the Fundraising and Marketing department with managing the on-site curio shop, conducting stock takes and ensuring the safekeeping of the stock.
- Manage the SANCCOB volunteer programme
- Complete the necessary bird handling training.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a teacher.
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma. A post-graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Strong people management and development skills.
- Planning capabilities and ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to motivate and lead employees.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (ability to do so in more than one language would be advantageous).
- Valid Code 8 driver’s license.
Please send your CV (max 3 pages) with contactable referees and a letter of motivation for attention of the Business Manager to Natalie@sanccob.co.za
Deadline for applications: 24 April 2017
Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants chosen for interviews.