Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth?
Working with WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
WWF recognises that in order for youth to be the change agents of our society it is imperative that they have the necessary capacity to engage and take transformative actions that will empower them and contribute to sustainable development in Africa. In this regard WWF is seeking to develop a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) that will enable the capacity building of a critical mass of youth in Africa to equip them will key skills and competencies that will help them to become transformational leaders that will drive the desired change for Africa.
2. Objectives of the Consultancy
The main objective of the consultancy is to develop a MOOC for the Africa Youth Transformational Leadership Programme (AYTLP) that will help to build the capacity of youth leaders on critical aspects that will enable to them have the capacity to contribute to the development of green economies and sustainable development in Africa. This will be guided by the key strategic pillars of intervention under the AYTLP’s theory of change (ToC) that include Advancing Policy, Capacity Building, Sustainable / Green Entrepreneurship and Networking Platforms.
Specific objectives of the consultancy include:
- Design curriculum content based on the four pillars of the AYTLP to include Advancing Policy, Capacity Building, Sustainable / Green Entrepreneurship and Networking Platforms that will help the youth develop core competencies to engage and contribute to green economies and sustainable development in Africa.
- Design curriculum content that demonstrates the mainstreaming of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) methodologies and competencies to support the delivery of the training outcomes.
- Design a curriculum content that demonstrates the mainstreaming of key crosscutting issues and themes to include gender, Human Rights Based Approaches (HRBA) and Environmental and Social Safeguards.
- Develop multimedia content (videos and infographics) with insights from the target audience (youth organisations and networks in Africa) and in consultation with WWF existing youth programmes in Africa.
- Design and build an interactive digital course that incorporates the curriculum content developed comprising of the four pillars of the AYTLP and mainstreams key competencies described to include ESD approaches, gender, HRBA and Environmental and Social Safeguards.
The assignment will involve a desktop study that will research on relevant training content from a wide range of relevant resources to design curriculum content. The process will involve conducting interview with the target audience (youth organisations and networks) and consultations with stakeholders engaged in implementing youth programmes to include but not limited to WWF. Video shoots of good practices will be taken in select landscapes to include design of infographics to ensure an interactive digital platform with relevant and strategic content is developed.
The scope of work will involve researching on relevant curriculum content and designing a curriculum guided by the four pillars of the AYTLP to include Advancing Policy, Capacity Building, Green/ Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Networking Platforms that mainstreams key cross-cutting themes to include ESD, gender, HRBA and Environmental and Social Safeguards. Relevant video content and infographics will be incorporated to ensure an interactive digital MOOC is be developed can be tested and transferred for hosting on the WWF website.
5. Deliverables and Requirements
- Two hard copies in MS Word of the MOOC curriculum content.
- Two soft disk copies of the MOOC curriculum content.
- An accessible licensed link of the MOOC that is interactive with a guarantee
period of not less than one year.
- Work with WWF IT and Communications team to set up the MOOC on a
designated WWF Office website.
6. Time Frame
The assignment components will be conducted in phased- out periods not exceeding 60 days.
7. Qualifications of Consultancy Team:
The assignment will require a team of consultants that have the following skill sets:
- An advanced university degree in leadership, management, conservation, environment, development, learning for sustainability and communications.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in related field with emphasis in management, environment, development, conservation and learning for sustainability.
- Ability to conceptualize sustainable development concerns with a demonstrated capacity to communicate conservation, socio-economic issues and sustainability.
- Ability to develop curriculum content using pedagogic approaches that demonstrate key competencies like ESD, gender, HRBA and environment and social safeguards.
- Ability to develop media content with exemplary editing skills.
- Demonstrated experience of having developed interactive digital online courses.
- Excellent communication and written skills in English.
- Demonstrable track record of undertaking similar assignments in a regional context.
8. Expression of Interest
Interested parties should submit their detailed application proposals Not later than 31stOctober 2020 which should include;
- A technical proposal highlighting how they will carry out their work and detailed curriculum vitae
- A detailed work plan
- A financial proposal detailing their costs of carrying out the work that specifies the honorarium as well as any other costs
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference (subject of the mail) “Consultancy – MOOC-AYTLP”.