Conservation Lower Zambezi
CLZ is looking to recruit a full time Fundraising and Public Relations Officer who will be responsible for our existing funding base and expanding our network further into potential new areas of support. The Officer will also be responsible for all of CLZ’s online presence and social media platforms
Location: CLZ Base Camp, Lower Zambezi, Zambia
The role will include but not be limited to the following tasks:
1. Pro-active Fundraising:
a. Pro-actively seek potential donor organisations who may be approached for project grants;
b. Prepare grant applications to final draft stage – for submission to General Manager;
c. Manage relationships with current and future donors;
d. Organise and co-ordinate annual fundraisers and other major events;
e. Assist with capacity building and training management colleagues in grant writing skills, social media, marketing, donor relations.
2. Financial Management:
a. Prepare monthly grant expenditure reports to match organisation accounting system and ensure all checks and balances are in place.
3. Raising awareness – through public presence, advertising and networking:
a. Manage and develop all existing CLZ social media platforms and online presence;
b. Develop marketing materials for use in promotion of projects, events and activities;
c. Liaise with photographers, film crew and media personnel on content for CLZ;
d. Manage and coordinate interactions with local and international media.
Candidate Profile – The ideal candidate will have:
· A minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in Environmental Education, Conservation, Social Science or a related field;
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in NGO fundraising (including proposal writing and financial grant management);
· Experience in financial management and reporting;
· Experience in social media, marketing and engaging audiences and growing awareness on various platforms;
· Ability to live in a remote camp environment;
· The candidate must be able to demonstrate:
o Strong proficiency in written and spoken English
o Strong management and organisational skills
o Strong proficiency of Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
APPLICATION PROCESS: Only candidates who meet the specified requirements should apply with their detailed Curriculum Vitae of not more than 3 pages, a cover letter and names and email addresses of 3 contactable references.
Applications to be emailed to: email@example.com
Please use the subject line: Application – Fundraising and PR Officer
Closing date: 7th September 2020. No applications will be accepted after this closing date
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.