SANCCOB Port Elizabeth, based at Cape Recife in the Eastern Cape, seeks to employ a caring, compassionate Bird Rehabilitator to join their energetic and dedicated team on a full-time basis.
Key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Daily care and treatment of different types of seabirds of all ages including after hours on-call duty
- Cleaning of bird enclosures, pools and the maintenance of the facility
- Training and supervision of local and international volunteers
- Mentoring seabird interns
- Presenting talks on seabird rehabilitation topics
- Assist with conducting tours to visitors around the facility
The successful candidate will be a team player that is:
- physically fit
- able to manage time efficiently
- able to work in all weather conditions
- able to work shifts and frequently in excess of standard working hours
- caring and compassionate with a love for seabirds.
Qualification and Experience
- A tertiary qualification in Biological Science, wildlife or conservation advantageous
- 2 years’ experience working with seabirds advantageous
- Experience working according to standard operating procedures
- Experience supervising small teams
- A valid driver’s licence
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office package)
- Only open to South African ID holders
Please forward CV with at least 2 contactable references (max 3 pages) and a letter of motivation for attention of Stacey Webb at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday, 3 August 2018 by 16h00.
Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants selected for interviews.
SANCCOB is a non-profit organization (Non Profit Company, Registration No. 2001/026273/08, Non-profit Number: 003-134 NPO).