SANCCOB – a leading seabird conservation organisation based in Table View, Cape Town seeks to employ a caring, compassionate Bird Rehabilitator to join their energetic and dedicated team on a full-time basis.
Key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Daily care and treatment of different types of seabirds of all ages including after hours on-call duty
- Cleaning of bird enclosures, pools and the maintenance of the facility
- Training and supervision of local and international volunteers
- Mentoring seabird interns
- Presenting talks on seabird rehabilitation topics
The successful candidate will be a team player that is physically fit, hardworking, dedicated, able to manage time efficiently and can work in all weather conditions, able to work shifts and frequently in excess of standard working hours. Have a caring, compassionate nature with a love for seabirds.
Qualification and Experience
- A tertiary qualification in Biological Science, wildlife or conservation preferred
- At least 2 years’ experience working with seabirds advantageous
- Experience working according to standard operating procedures
- Experience supervising small teams
- A valid Driver’s licence
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office package)
- Only open to South African ID holders
Please forward CV with at least 2 contactable references (max. 3 pages) and a letter of motivation to
fax: 021-557 8804, Attention: Rehabilitation Manager, or e-mail to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Friday 8 December 2017
Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants selected for interviews.