Who We AreThe African Conservation Foundation works to protect Africa’s endangered wildlife and their habitats, by tackling the root causes of biodiversity loss. Founded in 1999, ACF is the first organisation focusing on partnering with and building the capacity of grassroots conservation efforts in the region.
StrategyACF's goal is to support and link African conservation initiatives, groups and NGOs, with the aim of strengthening their capacity, building partnerships and promoting effective communication and co-ordination of conservation efforts. Our success depends on the active involvement of communities whose lives and livelihoods are linked to the natural ecosystems we seek to sustainably protect.
Our work is organised around 5 specific objectives:
- 01Linking conservation initiatives across the continent, and strengthening the networking capacities of research and conservation groups and NGOs.
- 02Providing training, support and technical assistance for conservation groups and NGOs, particularly grassroots, in Africa.
- 03Offering capacity support for sustainable community projects linked with conservation.
- 04Serving as an educational resource centre for the general public, both within and outside of Africa.
- 05Conducting on-the-ground conservation projects.
How we spend your donation
The African Conservation Foundation is a registered NGO in Africa. ACF is also a UK Registered Charity (No. 1120705)
- We do not maintain offices outside of Africa. No expensive offices, staff or meeting facilities.
- Our focus on results on the ground in Africa means that 100% of donations received are actually used in the field.
- We do not deduct fees for organisation overhead.